Mining and Exploration
Our team has deep and broad experience in a range of transactions and other assignments that arise in the typical life cycle of mines, mineral exploration, and the production process.
Archeus Law has extensive experience in handling mining projects of different sizes and covering varied minerals and metals, including iron ore, zinc, and gold. We advise clients and help see through the entire execution, development, and implementation of mining projects.
The scope of projects undertaken in the recent past has included the acquisition and development of mines. We have provided strategic advice to a range of private Indian and foreign companies that value our experience in the sector and our ability to provide local market knowledge when needed.
Advised an Australian ASX-listed mining entity in Perth, on its India mining operations through its Indian subsidiary. These works included:
– Lead legal advisor since the commencement of their operations in India. Provided full legal support to the client in the initial diversification of its business into mining, carrying out extensive legal due diligence on the various prospective iron ore mines in five Indian states.
– Transactional support including advice on the investment/transactional structure and all the necessary transactional documentation.
Advised a London Stock Exchange listed gold mining entity, on its mining investments/transactions in a southern Indian state. These works included:
– Transactional support in its acquisition of a stake in an existing Indian gold mining exploration entity listed on the BSE.
– Legal advice and transactional support in its proposal to acquire the mining assets of an existing gold mining PSU in India.
– Advisory and transactional support in the reverse merger of its Indian mining subsidiary into a BSE listed entity.
Advised an Australian based international leader in hard rock underground mining, in its maiden mining development project covering development of an underground mine in northwestern India. The work included transactional support and day-to-day advice to its Indian project entity.